Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Start....

For whatever reason, I always feel the need to write some kind of introductory post when I start a new blog. Something for the reader so they can think, "oh, okay, I get it now!" Okay, fine. I'm ridiculously cheesy, I think I'm fully aware of that by now. Anyway, here ya go,

In an effort to keep track of all of my Disney stuff, yes even 3 months after my program ended, I realized that there is SO much stuff I want to write about! I also still want to return to the company some day, even if I don't get into the Spring 2017 program, so I'll have plenty of memories down the line to share as well. What better way than to put all of my pixie dust filled experiences, and probably some not-so-magical moments, all in one place!

Walt Disney inspired me. Not as a child, or a teenager, or even as a twenty-something. It took me walking into his dream 9 months ago to realize that I want to be part of something so much bigger than myself. Even if I never work for the company again, even if I write 10 posts under this domain and the blog falls silent, I know that my name is forever in the books as a past employee for Walt himself (kind of). I feel all kinds of emotions when I look at Cinderella Castle, when I walk down Main Street, and when I stand at the foot of the Walt and Mickey statue. Knowing people from every walk of life have come to find happiness and magic at the resort, and that for a small period of time I was part of that, makes me feel so full. I want to make Walt proud, I want to create real actual magic for children and families alike, and I want to feel good about what I do. Some may see working in the parks as just another job, or may look at me like I'm childish for wanting to go back and make a career, but I see a chance to make a real difference and to bring happiness and joy to the lives of the people that I serve. Here's to your dream, Walt! May it continue to live on!

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment