Friday, February 3, 2017

Brown Eyed Girl

Steve,

You taught me so much. You taught me about myself and about the world around me. You showed me how to think deeply and with perspectives that I hadn't imagined before, and you taught me to be even more open minded. You taught me that I am strong and brave, things that I had heard but hadn't previously believed about myself.

Thank you for befriending me, and for challenging me. Because of you I see my world through different lenses. I will always be grateful, always thankful, never regretful- except for any hurt I caused.

I think my favorite memory from work continues to be the afternoon after Rachel and I had been at the parks and I hopped on your tram to ride around for a bit. It was one of the first times we really talked, and I finally felt like I was cool enough to talk to the full-time employees :) Though all of the times you drove past in the tram and did the little head-tilt of acknowledgement always made me smile too..

My program and my life would have been entirely different. Thank you, for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment