Friday, February 24, 2017

Celebrating the Magic of My Life

The last few days have been insanely busy, otherwise I would have posted earlier. Nevertheless, here I am, and I have news.

Perhaps the best news of all...


You read that right, I've been accepted for a second program at Disney!! After the trial and error, after waiting and being (not so) patient, everything has come in its own absolutely perfect timing and words cannot describe how happy I am!

Last Monday one of my best friends who had also applied for the Fall program texted me and told me that her acceptance email had come in, and I was so excited for her. I had been sending good vibes into the atmosphere for her, hoping that even if I didn't get to return, that she would get a chance to experience this amazing opportunity. Knowing that this door had just opened for her made me certain that no matter what happened to me, I was going to be content and happy with my outcome. Two days later, I was sitting in rush-hour traffic on my way out to the movie theater to meet my mom when I decided I would check my email. I had been nervous since my friend received her letter knowing that it would probably be another week at the very least until I heard back. As I sat at the red light waiting for my email to refresh, I felt a catch in my chest when the email from Disney admissions loaded, with the subject line: Congratulations!

I started screaming in my car, guys. Like all out yelling and waving and I'm certain that anyone who saw me thought I was having some kind of fit, but I didn't care. Sitting in my lap, suddenly out of nowhere, was my acceptance email. My keys to the kingdom, so to speak. My ticket home. I had to fight tears, and the first person I called was my friend who had been accepted earlier that week. Still now, a little over a week later, I can't believe that I get to return or that I'll be doing this thing right alongside someone who is so important to who I am today, someone who knows just how much this whole journey means to me.

In 81 days I will be arriving at the gates of my designated housing complex and starting this journey all over again. I have accepted a position in attractions which, while not my first choice, excites me. There is a chance that I will be back in the parking lot, but I may also be in the parks. The possibilities are endless, and waiting for that little sticker on check-in day that gives me a clue about my location is going to be the toughest thing to hold out for. Already, I have been doing things differently- I'm utilizing the pages set up for my program and have met a handful of people who are just as excited as I am to jump into this journey head first. I'm going to take more pictures, get out of my apartment more, and experience this program for what it's supposed to be- the chance of a lifetime. I will be trying to pick up as many hours as I can(without dying), and I'm going to do everything in my power to make this a permanent move and position with the Walt Disney World Company.

So, look out Walt, the wait is over! I'm coming home, and I'm riding this magical high all the way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment